About Alramleh City
The city of Ramlah was established in the late 1st century AH by Sulaiman bin Abdul Malik, when he was the Emir of the Palestine Army in the succession of his brother Alwaleed bin Abdul Malik, and was the fifth modern city in Islam after Kufa, Basra, Fustat and Kairouan, and the first in the Levant, Its sandy soil. It was the capital of Palestine during the reign of the Umayyad and Abbasid states, and the time of the rule of the Tulunite, the Mahdi, the Fatimid and the Seljuk until it was conquered by the Crusaders in 1099/492 AH. ) During the Fatimid rule of the city during the days of the Fatimid Caliph Abi al-Qasim Ahmad Al-Mustghani, followed by Jerusalem, Nablus, Caesarea, Gaza, Hebron, the Negev, Eilat, Jericho, and Amman.
Sulaiman ibn Abd al-Malik began to build the mosque, which was called the White Mosque, with the creation of the city, but he died before completing it, and was completed by the Caliph Umar ibn Abdul-Aziz. When the succession took place, Hisham ibn Abd al-Malik ordered the building of the minaret - this was the first minaret of the mosque - but it was destroyed by earthquakes and factors of time. Muhammad ibn Qalawun (1318 AD / 718 AH).
Sign Up Now For